FIELD TRIP is TODAY…. if the pollution levels allow!
Period 1 (8:40 – 9:20)
Getting ready for field trip
- iPods for photos – 1 iPod per group; take in turns to take photos?
- Your group leader – stay with your leader!
- Listen carefully to what is being said when we get to the Mosque
- Ask good questions – make sure your remember the 9 aspects of belief systems we are investigating (Symbol; Core Beliefs; Founder or God; Place of worship; Main practices; Scripture or Holy Book; Important objects; After death; Interesting facts)
Listen to this book about ‘Visiting a mosque’ – (Ruth Nason)
Period 2 (9:20 – 10:00)
Be down stairs for 9:20
9:30 – leave for field trip to local Mosque
Period 3 (10:00 – 10:40)
——————-Snack Time (10:40 – 11:00) —————————————-
Period 4 (11:00 – 11:40)
- In your field trip groups – design an A4 poster to show what you learned on the field trip about the YOUR SPECIFIC aspect of Islam. You can use books and the internet to help you with details.
This is a site that can help you. It’s written for children who are learning about Islam.
We will then display our posters on the Matrix.
I will call out a group at at time to help you with your photos. Everyone get your laptop and open iPhoto so you are ready when you come to me.
- In groups – design an A4 poster to show the symbol and the meaning for each of the belief systems we are investigating
Period 5 (11:40 – 12:20)
——————Lunch Time (12:20 – 1:20) ——————————————
Period 6 (1:20 – 2:00) – Specials
Languages (Chinese, Dutch, ESL)
Period 7 (2:00 – 2:40) – Specials
PE with Ms. Watkins
Period 8 (2:40 – 3:20) – U.o.I.
————————- 3:20 – HOME TIME——————————————-
BRING IN YOUR GOAL SETTING FORMS!!!