An ADVENTURE story has certain, very specific elements to it. To write this story we should change the way we plan.
- drama – Drama is something which stands out from the normal, ordinary course of events.
- action – something that happens
- suspense – a feeling of waiting for something to happen (remember the horror stories we wrote? We talked about suspense then)
- surprise – a feeling of realizing or discovering something unexpected
- disappointment – a feeling of not getting or achieving what you hoped for
- final resolution
You definitely need the elements in pink (Action and drama), but each thing that happens must make you reader feel one of the feelings in green.
Adventure stories often are mixed up with another genre. Can you think of any books you have read that are adventure stories?
Examples of film adventure stories
- Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (mixed)
- The Fast and the Furious
- Transformers (mixed)
- The Expendables
- Mission Impossible
- Terminator (mixed)
Let’s begin – let us brainstorm some good action filled adventures!
WE ARE AIMING TO MAKE ANOTHER BOOK (like the Horror Story book)
Make your stories amazing!